Thursday, October 1, 2009

rabbit rabbit!

So I have been doing a fair amount of research lately, as you may well know, on farming internships and just wanted to share an article from Civil Eats entitled Farming Apprenticeships: Payment Beyond the Dollar by Mary Kathryn Wyle, a fantastic gal doing just what I plan to be doing next season. She's very articulate so I share her words justifying this lifestyle I'm embarking upon (her blog is great too, read it!).

And Civil Eats is awesome, as they put it, "Civil Eats promotes critical thought about sustainable agriculture and food systems as part of building economically and socially just communities. In our efforts, we support the development of a dialog among local and national leaders about the American food system, and its effects abroad. Civil Eats can be humorous, serious, academic, philosophical, conversational – its style of conversation is as diverse as its 40+ contributors – but it is always thought provoking, innovative, and focused on food politics."

I know many people back home worry that this may not be a proper venture for me, but I assure you it is! I have never been so excited and driven to move from one part of my life to another. My experience here has been wonderful and as it ends I gratefully turn to the next chapter; bri learns to farm. Hope you enjoy the article and this most beautiful first day of October!

1 comment:

MK said...

thank you so much for your kind words, Briana! I cannot encourage you strongly enough to jump into farming with all possible enthusiasm. I am continually amazed that more people are not clamoring to do likewise. Good luck in your return stateside and in your farm search!
mk