Thursday, January 4, 2007

Getting Antsy

eek. I'm away from Kansas City on winter break still. Having a good time but getting antsy about my medical packet. I just want to have it turned in so I will be on my way to being invited! Once I'm back in Kansas City I can finish up all my doctor appointments, cavity fillings, written statements, and get it sent off.
There's only so much preparation one can do. I don't want to let myself get too excited about Morocco in case it doesn't happen, too late! I feel like I'm there already. I downloaded the text Peace Corps designed and uses to teach Moroccan Arabic (Darija) from the Friends of Morocco website (see my links) and printed it at Kinkos. I don't expect to teach myself Darija, but its a great head start. There are some throat exercises to practice, since different languages use different throat muscles to produce different sounds. oooo, I cant wait.
ensha'llaah ("if god wills," many casual coming and going phrases in Arabic include a reference to god)

No comments: